What Is Pregnancy Massage?
For almost everyone, this massage is beneficial. Massage can benefit even women carrying multiple babies. A typical pregnancy massage lasts one hour. Some practitioners use a massage table for pregnancy massage. This is a table designed to fit the pregnant belly of a woman. Others use specially crafted pillows called bolsters to comfortably position a woman on her side. This helps in the later stages of pregnancy in particular. The most comfortable position is often to lie on your side.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage Include:
- Tranquil relaxation and reduce stress.
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labor and eases labor pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues.
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.
Make An Appointment